If you want to work on the phones that run the apps, take electrical engineering. Lol, who do you think picks out the resistors and IC's that those apps get instlalled onto? Depending on your course selection, it can also offer you a variety of options since some EE paths are heavily computer engineering based. (not important -> skip to TL;DR if not interested) Some background to me: I always loved the way how electricity behave and was always fascinated by technical stuff. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The cost of attaining that coveted acronym is no mere chump change. "I enjoyed my electrical engineering coursework." Some, whose expertise are in control or power systems are more like mechanical engineers. Yes, you can have a life outside of work, but positions usually involves long term projects. May 2014 in Engineering Majors. Since I was at that time "young" my priority changed. Went to a relatively cheap state school and got it mostly funded including work while in school. One of the most basic analyses for balancing out the worth of the all-mighty MBA comes down to dollars and cents. ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts. The Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department at MIT offers a MS in Electrical Engineering degree that is unparalleled. "If water temperature gets below 80C, switch the heater on, and heat it to 90C." Working as an electrical engineer can't really be compared to working as an electrician. How Hard is Electrical Engineering? You have a fantastic opportunity to be versatile while developing your expertise in one of the main Engineering disciplines (such as Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Industrial, and/or Civil). Related Electrical Engineering News on Phys.org. Electrical Engineering is a popular major and Texas is the 2nd most popular state for students studying this major. In the discussion on Reddit where Burberry responded Kestral Lowing made a … This is unfortunately one of those things that are often neglected for people in jobs that don't involve working with their hands. MS in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Power Electronics; MS in Electrical Engineering and ME in Engineering Management dual degree; Notables. The reason for this is the heavy weight of advanced math students will need to apply in their electrical courses. My dream was to study EE to understand deeply electricity. I basically work in the software development lifecycle, specifically in integration. Registered Nurse. You can use the Arduino libraries and software for a gentle introduction to MCUs, or you could go all out and use none of it and develop on the Atmel AVR directly with AVR Studio and WinAVR (containing the avr-gcc compiler).. All of the EE's I know are doing very well. I got a Computer Engineering degree. The bimetallic switch has two thresholds - on and off. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the ElectricalEngineering community, Continue browsing in r/ElectricalEngineering. A place to ask questions, discuss topics and share projects related to Electrical Engineering. Other than involving electricity, they couldn't be more different. I also hear that EE's are strange and lack any social grace. All of these majors are hired in the energy industry if that is your goal. An engineer, is one who has the aptitude and training,to employ knowledge from science and technology,in the solving of everyday practical problems. EEs that were electricians in a past life are usually highly sought after.
2020 electrical engineering worth it reddit